Chris is an Associate in our Property and Commercial team.
Since admission in 2015, Chris has practised in various areas of law including commercial law, property law, commercial litigation, personal injury (Motor Vehicle Claims, WorkCover Claims and Superannuation Claims), estate litigation and debt recovery.
Chris has a particular interest in commercial and property law as well as personal injury.
Regarding the areas of commercial and property, Chris has acted for a variety of clients from mum and dad investors to large corporations, developers, real estate agents etc. Chris has a special interest in leasing, business sales, preparation of complex agreements, and large scale commercial property transactions.
Concerning personal injury, Chris worked at a specialist personal injury firm earlier in his career. He represented Australian Workers Union members who suffered work-related injuries or motor vehicle accidents. Chris recently successfully settled a client’s claim against the nominal defendant who suffered serious personal injuries following a hit and run from an unidentified motor vehicle.
Specific examples of Chris’ experience include:
Commercial & Property:
- Preparation/review of complex contracts, deeds, agreements including but not limited to:
- Joint Venture / Partnership Agreements and Dissolutions
- Share Sale Agreements
- Unit Sale Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Licence Agreements
- Loan Agreements
- Heads of Agreement
- Security documentation
- Residential and Off the Plan Development Conveyancing
- Property Development
- QCAT Applications for residential disputes
- Retail Shop and Commercial Leasing for both landlords and tenants
- Acquisition and Sale of Commercial Land
- Complex Property transfers and titling issues
- Land Titles Office Compliance
- Motor vehicle claims
- Workers compensation claims
- Public liability claims
- Medical negligence claims.
- Bachelor of Laws | Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (international business) | Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice | Queensland University of Technology
- Queensland Law Society
Outside of work Chris enjoys spending time with his wife, son and two dogs, taking them for beach camping trips and outings with friends and family. Chris is also an avid supporter of Arsenal Football Club and participates in both outdoor and indoor soccer.