Director (LLB BBus Acc. Spec. (Prop.) – QLD)
A Director of McCarthy Durie Lawyers, Stephen is the head of the firm’s Property Law Department. He is one of a very few lawyers Accredited by the Queensland Law Society as a Specialist Property Lawyer.
His practice comprises almost exclusively of property law services, and he has extensive experience acting in all nature of property transactions and developments in Queensland. Stephen has particular expertise in commercial and retail shop leasing, all aspects of property development, development funding, property syndication and property joint ventures.
Stephen also sits on many boards and panels for various community organisations. Before coming to the law, Stephen trained as a property surveyor, and he is now involved in a number of small property development projects in his own time.
Stephen believes in delivering high quality and commercially appropriate outcomes for his clients.
Stephen’s professional experience includes:
- Commercial and retail shop leasing
- Property development
- Site acquisition and structuring
- ‘Off the plan’ sales and leasing
- Retirement village leasing
- Strata titling and community titles issues
- Property syndication
- Development funding and equity raising
- Property ownership and development joint ventures
- Conveyancing (commercial and industrial)
- Commercial and retail shop leasing dispute resolution
- Bachelor of Law – Griffith University
- Bachelor of Business – Griffith University
- Property Law Accredited Specialist
- Queensland Law Society
- Redland City Chamber of Commerce