Special Counsel Building & Construction (LLB BA)
Antony is Special Counsel in McCarthy Durie Lawyers’ Litigation team, based in our Brisbane CBD office.
Antony has around 20 years’ litigation experience, having joined McCarthy Durie Lawyers after 14 years as Principal of Eaton Lawyers at Arana Hills. He has appeared in all court jurisdictions in Queensland, as well as the High Court of Australia.
Antony now focuses on building and construction law in Queensland and New South Wales. He is a certified Adjudicator under the newly introduced Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017. Consequently, Antony is entitled to make decisions for the QBCC on adjudication applications, as well as:
- providing advice on the validity of payment claims and payment schedules;
- preparing adjudication applications, submissions and statements of evidence;
- enforcing adjudication decisions; and
- appealing adjudication decisions.
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Queensland (UQ) 2000
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Queensland (UQ) 2002
- Building Dispute Practitioners’ Society Inc
- Queensland Law Society
- Brisbane West Chamber of Commerce
- Queensland Environmental Law Association
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (Qld)
- Master Builders Association (Qld)
Antony is a self-professed ‘foodie’ who loves to travel. He also enjoys motorbike riding and watching movies.