Proposed major amendment to Redland City Plan (03/19 Heritage Major Amendment)
This article was originally featured here on the Redland City Council website. If you would like additional information or to arrange an appointment to discuss your property contact Ian Neil on 07 3370 5100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Ian is a Director at MDL Lawyers with extensive experience in dealing with Council issues particularly on behalf of property owners and property developers. Ian has a high level of knowledge specific to the Redlands and heritage properties.
Council recently commissioned a heritage consultant to undertake a review of European heritage places in the city.
The review identified a number of heritage places representing a range of historic themes and phases relevant to the European settlement history of Redlands Coast.
These places are under consideration for entry in the Redlands Local Heritage Register, and Council proposes to include them as a major amendment to Redland City Plan (03/19 Heritage Major Amendment). The reasons for the proposed entry are detailed in the individual site cards for each property which can be found in Citations for Proposed Local Heritage Places.
Maintaining the currency and relevance of Redland City Plan is achieved through an ongoing program of feedback, review and amendments as regulated by the Planning Act 2016.
Community consultation and submissions are an essential part of that process.
Want to learn more? Join us for a free information session
Thursday 29 October 2020
5pm for a 5.15pm start (allow one hour)
McCarthy Durie Lawyers
Corner of Queen and Waterloo Streets Cleveland
RSVP email@example.com by COB Monday 26/10
Light refreshments provided
Fact Sheets – What you need to know if your property is listed:
- Download Fact Sheet 1 – Understanding Heritage
- Download Fact Sheet 2 – Redlands Heritage
- Download Fact Sheet 3 – Living with Heritage
- Download Fact Sheet 4 – Potential for a Redlands Heritage Incentive and Grants Scheme
Make a submission
Submissions on the properties that are under consideration for entry in the local heritage register and the proposed major amendment to Redland City Plan (03/19 Heritage Major Amendment) may be made by any person during the consultation period, which starts on 12 October 2020 and ends on 4 December 2020.
To be properly made, submissions must:
- be made to the Chief Executive Officer, Redland City Council and received during the consultation period;
- state the name and residential or business address of each person (the submission-makers) who made the submission;
- state the grounds of the submission, and the facts and circumstances relied on to support the grounds;
- state one (1) postal or electronic address for service relating to the submission for all submission-makers; and
- be signed by each submission-maker unless the submission is made electronically.
Submissions on whether or not a place that Council has identified as under consideration for entry in the local heritage register must be made on the basis that the place is or is not a place of cultural heritage significance.
Do you need advice specific to your property now?
If a general information session does not suit your requirements, you can contact me directly to arrange an initial consultation with information tailored to your specific property. I am offering the initial review and consultation at a discounted rate of $250 + GST.
Call on 07 3370 5100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org