Finance and Securities
Australia’s finance industry is rapidly evolving, presenting more challenges and areas of compliance than ever before. Lenders and borrowers face a variety of issues in this sector. Whether it is the need to achieve timely funding on commercial terms or confirming compliance with regulatory requirements. Financiers and borrowers should understand and minimise any associated risks, whilst still achieving the best commercial outcomes.
MDL’s Finance and Securities Law team can help you with:
- Corporate finance
- Acquisition finance
- Construction finance
- Mezzanine and subordinated debt financing
- Intercreditor arrangements and syndicated financing
- Structure advice
- Pre-settlement financier due diligence
- Financier debt recovery and work outs
- Property Exchange Australia (PEXA) transactions
- PPSR compliance and registration
We have assembled a highly experienced, capable team of legal practitioners, committed to delivering you expertise across all legal services. Find your local office:
MDL can assist you with:
1) Preparing suites of security documents for Financiers that comply with the relevant legislation, ensure mortgage priority and facilitate loan advance settlements across various states in a timely manner.
2) Preparing and negotiating deeds of priority between multiple mortgagees to ensure the Financier’s interests are protected while ensuring the best practical commercial outcome.
3) Preparing and negotiating loan syndication agreements between Financiers to govern the relationship between Financiers on a joint loan.
4) Conducting Financier due diligence including review of trust deeds, pre-sale contracts, leases and joint venture agreements.
5) Assisting with mortgagee debt recovery including entering into receipt of rent and profits, exercising mortgagee power of sale and strata titling property as mortgagee in possession.
6) Conducting finance settlements using the Property Exchange Australia (PEXA) platform which enables faster registration of security and funds transfer, as well as the ability to efficiently transact across multiple jurisdictions with minimal additional cost to our clients.
How can we help?
We’re a full service law firm which has provided comprehensive legal services to Brisbane and its surrounding suburbs for more than 30 years.
Meet Your Commercial Law Team
Resulting from extensive experience in the financial service industry, our team of specialists at MDL adopt a personalised and commercial approach to create efficient and innovative solutions for our clients.